Friday, March 16, 2012

Thai Fisherman Pants, please!

On my last trip to Marare, Uganda, one of our team mates had a pair of fisherman pants and always seemed so comfortable in them. I decided on our return that I would figure out how to make a pair, even if it meant taking hers and using them as a pattern.

Burda Patterns(www.burdastyle.com/patterns)came to my rescue (and my teammate's -- I don't think she would've given hers up too easily). They had a pattern for purchase that looked like the real thing. I found a number of other patterns online, but they didn't have the extra crotch piece. I paid the $ and downloaded the pattern. This was in September. Then life got busy. Finally, this March I pulled out the print outs and got busy.

Once I pieced everything together, and cut out the fabric, the rest was quick and easy. I did find a few sections of the pattern instructions unclear, and had to think through a couple of those steps.
I just used a cheap cotton that I picked up at a garage sale for $1 because I didn't know how they'd turn out.

I LOVE them, and will be making a couple more pairs. The ones I made are capri style; the next ones will be full length.

I will be LIVING in these when I can.

For the pattern: http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/thai-fishermens-pants--2

1 comment:

  1. These are really cute. And you are resourceful. Thanks for sharing on the Thai Fisherman Pants. Come back and see us this week: http://bit.ly/1NQFbNx

    ReplyDelete